Angus School House
Historical Marker
Angus, Navarro County, Texas


HOME



 

Angus School House

The community of Angus began soon after rail lines were completed to this area in 1871. Three years later a public school was started under the direction of Lila Blackburn. The first schoolhouse was a two room frame building that was moved several times before it was located here. In 1921 it was replaced by the present brick structure which provided space for several grades in each room. The school merged with the Corsicana District (4 miles north) in 1941 and the schoolhouse later served as a community center.
(1981)

Location: 4 miles south of Corsicana in the Angus Community
on CR SW 0020, just west of IH-45

The text of the historical markers have been posted here with the permission of the Texas Historical Commission


Navarro County TXGenWeb
Copyright March, 2009
Edward L. Williams & Barbara Knox