8 miles south of
Frost on FM 744,
Prairie Methodist Church
Organized south of Frost in 1874
this fellowship grew from earlier meetings conducted in a log school
house. Originally known as Post Oak Methodist Church, it was chartered
with thirty-five members under the leadership of the Rev. John J.
Farmer. Brothers J. M., W. D., and E. W. Johnson, and F. M. Johnson gave
the land in 1893 where the present structure stands. In 1914 the church
was renamed Brushie Prairie. In 1952 the Mt. Zion Methodists joined the
congregation. After 90 years the church disbanded in June 1964. An
annual home coming is held here each June.