Marker located in the
Campbell - Elrod
Cemetery 10 miles
west on FM 744,
- Elrod Cemetery
Land for this cemetery was given
to the Harmony Methodist Church in 1855 by Navarro County pioneer David
Wilson Campbell. Ten acres were donated to the church trustees, with
part to be set aside as a graveyard and known as Campbell Cemetery.
David Campbell was buried here in 1879. The land was conveyed to J. M.
and Eunice Elrod in 1908. They gave the land containing the cemetery
back to the church in 1914. Although there are some unmarked graves, the
earliest documented burial is that of Ensly Willis (1856 - 1859).
Texas Sesquicentennial 1836-1986