Submitted by Norman Stubbs, Commander of J. L. Halbert
Camp 359, SCV, picture taken by Dana Stubbs
Thomas Conner and his family left Illinois and settled in this area in 1856. His son, Edward P., purchased 164 acres here in 1873. Though the first recorded burial was that of Minnie L. Conner in 1882, family tradition indicates the cemetery contains earlier interments. The cemetery was legally set aside by Edward Conner in 1882. It has primarily served the extended Conner family and contains the burials of at least four veterans of the War Between the States. The cemetery continues to serve the community and is maintained by Conner family descendants.
Location: 7 mi. east of Corsicana on SH 31, then 5.5 mi. north on
FM 1129, then .4 mi. north on CR NE 0190, then 1.7 mi. west on CR NE 0170 (private property)