Settlement in this area began in the 1840s. J. F. and J. M. Floyd, members of the local Richland
Associate Reform Presbyterian Church organized in 1876, donated land here in 1878 for church and graveyard purposes. The first recorded burial was that of infant Nellie E. Sloan in 1885. The cemetery has been enlarged over the years and in 1995 contained about 13 acres. Buried here are local religious, education, and business leaders, elected officials, and veterans of conflicts ranging from the Civil War to World
War II. The cemetery is maintained by the Eureka Cemetery Association. Sesquicentennial of Texas Statehood 1845 - 1995
Placed in Memory of Franklin L. Hodge by His Family
Location: CR SE 3110, 2 mi. east of Eureka on Cemetery Rd.