Led by the Rev. H. A. Conway, a
small group of Baptists established this congregation in July 1890.
Beginning with about twenty charter members, the church has grown
steadily over the years. Early worship services were held once a month.
Eventually, services were increased to twice monthly, and finally to
every week. The first sanctuary, built on this site in 1890, was
replaced by a larger structure in 1906. After it was destroyed by a
tornado in in 1930, a brick building was erected. It served the
congregation until 1979, when it was razed to make room for a new
Location: Frost Baptist Church,