Grange Hall Cemetery
Historical Marker
Barry, Navarro County, Texas


HOME


Historical Markers || Grange Hall Cemetery

 

Photo by Dana Stubbs

Grange Hall Cemetery

Established to serve the small farming community of Cryer Creek, Grange Hall Cemetery most likely derived its name from the active farmers' organization known as The Grange. The site was used for a burial ground as early as 1872, five years before Navarro County pioneer Samuel Wilson donated the land for a Methodist church and church-yard. Those buried here include a number of Civil War veterans, area pioneer families, and members of the Mississippi colony who moved here from Meridian, Miss. in 1870. (1983)

Location: 12 miles north west on Fm 1290, Barry, TX

The text of the historical markers have been posted here with the permission of the Texas Historical Commission


Navarro County TXGenWeb
Copyright March, 2009
Edward L. Williams & Barbara Knox