Edward L. Williams
Hamilton Beeman Cemetery
William Harvey Beeman (1817-1860) received a Mercer Colony grant of 640 acres in Navarro County and brought his family here in the 1840s. He and pioneer Samuel Hamilton (1820-1900), who owned adjacent property, each gave one
acre to establish this cemetery in the 1850s. The first burial was that of Hamilton's infant son in 1859. Both Hamilton and Beeman, a freighter and local Justice of the Peace, are buried here. Gifts and purchases of additional land have enlarged this cemetery to over 47 acres (1978).
in the old section of the Hamilton Beeman Cemetery, Navarro Co. TX
Directions: from intersection of SH 31 and FM 2555, go south on FM 2555 (45th St.) 3 mi. to cemetery
Marker #: 5349007207
Year Dedicated: 1978
Size, type: 18" x 28"
Decimal degrees: N 32.043596 W -96.480885
Degrees, minutes: N 32 02.616 W 096 28.853
UTM: Zone 14, Easting 737865, Northing