Johnson-McCammon House
Historical Marker
Corsicana, Navarro County, Texas


HOME


Historical Markers || Homes Index

 

Johnson-McCammon House

This house was built in 1883 for the family of Ebenezer Wiley Johnson, a prominent local citizen. Originally built in the Second Empire architectural style, it was altered to a classical revival appearance after 1922 by Johnson's daughter and son-in-law, Frances Lillian and William Perry McCammon, to accommodate a funeral home. Still exhibiting Victorian-era design, the structure is notable for its giant order Doric columns and pediment features. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1993

Location: 420 West 6th Ave., Corsicana, Texas

Notes:

The text of the historical markers have been posted here with the permission of the Texas Historical Commission


 

Magnolia House Mansion, Corsicana, TX

 


Navarro County TXGenWeb
Copyright March, 2009
Edward L. Williams & Barbara Knox