Judge John Spencer Callicutt
Historical Marker
Corsicana, Navarro County, Texas


HOME


Historical Markers || Biography as Judge

 

Judge John Spencer Callicutt

John Spencer Callicutt moved to Corsicana in 1886 and opened his law practice. As an active member of the community, Callicutt served on the founding board of the county hospital, as well as the boards of Central State Bank and other businesses. A member of the First Methodist Church, he was active in Masonic activities, including work with handicapped children. In 1935 he was appointed District Judge by Gov. Miriam A. Ferguson. Married to the former Evelina Jack, he was the father of seven children. He and his wife are buried in Oakwood Cemetery. (1988) 

Location: 1244 West 4th Avenue Corsicana

Program and Marker Images submitted by Margaret Callicutt - July 23, 2004

 

The text of the historical markers have been posted here with the permission of the Texas Historical Commission

 

 

 


Click on page for full size view


Click on page for full size view

 


Navarro County TXGenWeb
Copyright March, 2009
Edward L. Williams & Barbara Knox