Old Welding Shop of H. C. Nichol
Historical Marker
Corsicana, Navarro County, Texas


HOME


Historical Markers || Oil Industry Index

 

Photo by Dana  Stubbs

Old Welding Shop of H. C. Nichol 1892-1963

Expert with acetylene torch, Nichol is remembered as first welder operating in the Navarro County oil fields which opened 1894. He began work about 1912 at a time when he had to mix own welding chemicals. In addition he pioneered welding of cast iron and aluminum in this area 

Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1968

Location: Petroleum Park, , 400 block of S. 12th St., Corsicana, Navarro County, Texas

 

The text of the historical markers have been posted here with the permission of the Texas Historical Commission

 

Photo by Dana  Stubbs

 


Navarro County TXGenWeb
Copyright March, 2009
Edward L. Williams & Barbara Knox