Roane Baptist Church
Historical Marker
Roane, Navarro County, Texas


HOME


Historical Markers || Religion Index

 

Photo by Dana Stubbs

 

Roane Baptist Church

This church was organized in 1897 by 26 charter members. The reverend E. T. Jones served as the first pastor, conducting monthly worship services in the Roane School building. A church building was erected in 1901 on land donated by Sam Brooks and Zeb Burke. The congregation, which employed its first full-time pastor in 1948, supports community outreach programs and traditional activities for its members. Improvements to the church property were made over time to accommodate a growing membership. The church remains an integral part of the community. (1997)

Location: 8 mi E of Corsicana on FM 3041 , Roane, Texas

 

The text of the historical markers have been posted here with the permission of the Texas Historical Commission


Navarro County TXGenWeb
Copyright March, 2009
Edward L. Williams & Barbara Knox