The First Courthouse
The Texas Legislature
specified that the seat of Navarro County should be called Corsicana;
but the location was not secured until 1848 when this site was donated
by David R. Mitchel, James C.
Neill, and Thomas Smith. Other structures
served briefly as quarters for count business; but the first actual
courthouse was a log cabin erected here in 1848. The 15' by 17' building
has the judges stand in one corner and county clerk's table in another.
A two-story frame courthouse replaced the cabin in 1853.
Location: 223 W. 1st Ave, Corsicana,
Navarro Co., Texas