State National Bank of Corsicana
Historical Marker
Corsicana, Navarro County, Texas


HOME


Historical Markers || State National Bank of Corsicana

 

 

State National Bank of Corsicana

Organized in 1917 by B. B. Munsey, G. C. Dunn, P. D. Williams, and E. L. Dupuy, The State National Bank originally was located just off the South West corner of Collin and Beaton streets.  Munsey served as the institution's first president.  He was succeeded in 1926 by Isaac N. Cerf, a prominent Corsicana businessman and civic leader.  The bank moved to this site in 1926, and in 1933 the accounts and loans of First State Bank of Corsicana were merged with those of State National Bank.  Over the years the bank has been instrumental in the growth of the city and surrounding area.

Location: 101 North Beaton St., Corsicana, Texas

The text of the historical markers have been posted here with the permission of the Texas Historical Commission

 

Navarro County TXGenWeb
Copyright March, 2009
Edward L. Williams & Barbara Knox