Tatum Home
Historical Marker
Corsicana, Navarro County, Texas


HOME


Historical Markers || Homes Index

 

 

Photo by Dana Stubbs

 

Tatum Home

Built before 1900 by William M. Tatum, son of a Corsicana pioneer merchant, this colonial revival style mansion features first-floor palladian windows.  Massive ionic columns support the the two-story porch.  Tatum's son Clifford A., who later took over the family hardware business, moved his bride into his parents' home.  The younger Tatums raised their family here and remained in the home throughout their lives.  The family sold the house in 1970.

Recorded Texas Historic Landmark  1983

Marker dedicated April 14, 1985

Location: 729 West 3rd Ave., Corsicana, Texas

 

The text of the historical markers have been posted here with the permission of the Texas Historical Commission

Dedication Program

Sunday, April 14, 1985 - 4:00 P.M.

Master of Ceremonies ... J. Forrest Green, Chairman Navarro County Historical Committee

Invocation ... Rev. B.F. Risinger, Jr.  First Baptist Church

Dedication Remarks ... Larry B. Williams

Dedication of Marker ... Mrs. Wyvonne Putman, Executive Secretary Navarro County History Society

Acceptance of Marker ... Tommy Wardell

Unveiling of Marker ... The Tatum Family


Navarro County TXGenWeb
Copyright March, 2009
Edward L. Williams & Barbara Knox