1890 Blacksmith Shop
Pioneer Village
Corsicana, Navarro County, Texas


HOME


Previous Stop on Pioneer Village Tour || Pioneer Village ||  Next Stop on Pioneer Village Tour

 

 

The Blacksmith Shop, or "Smithy", was to the working needs of the community what the General Store was to commerce. Exhibits include many authentic implements of the period, including an 180 lb. anvil, and a handmade broad ax used to build Porter's Bluff Ferry in 1890. Logs donated by Wallace Pryor of Pursley.

 


Navarro County TXGenWeb
Copyright March, 2009
Edward L. Williams & Barbara Knox