Catholic Convent, Corsicana, Texas
Picture Postcards from
the collection of Edward L. Williams
Convent on West Collin Street was built and a school opened in
1880. the land was donated by Mrs. Noonan, and on this site,
a church was built in 1896. Students from different parts of
the county boarded at the convent, and day pupils whose parents
lived in town also attended. The church was moved west
of town to the new campus of another parochial school.
About 1920, the Convent School was discontinued and the property
sold to the city. It is now the campus of the Sam
Houston Elementary School.