South Side Mission Church was founded on Jan 14, 1900 with forty two charter members. Rev. W. C. Dunn was the first Pastor of the church located in a small building on West 9th Ave, also known as the Free Methodist Church. In 1904, Rev. J. B. Berry
began a movement to build a new church. The years later, under the pastorate of Rev. A. L. Moore, the building as well as a parsonage were constructed on West 11th Avenue and South 20th Street and became known
as the Eleventh Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church South. Rev. Abe Mulkey, a Texas Evangelist and his wife helped raise money for
improvements amounting to $700. In 1940, under the pastorate of Rev. Allen A. Peacock, a new church and parsonage were constructed on
the same site. In 1974 construction began on a new church located on North Bowie Drive under the leadership of Rev. Frank R. Williams, Jr.
Southside Methodist Church
11th Ave M. E. Church
11th Ave. M.E. Church