School House Community
Navarro County, Texas
ALLIGATOR SCHOOL HOUSE, TEXAS. Alligator School House was a rural community
on State Highway 309 two miles north of Round Prairie in southeastern Navarro
County. It grew up around a school of that name built after 1900. In the
mid-1930s the community had a church, a school, a cemetery, and a number of
houses. The school was later consolidated with the Kerens school. In the
mid-1960s a church and a cemetery were at the site, but the community no longer
appeared on highway maps.
"ALLIGATOR SCHOOL HOUSE, TX." The Handbook of Texas Online.
Navarro County TXGenWeb
Edward L. Williams & Barbara