Located 3 miles south of Pursley
in Navarro County Texas, Board
was established in the early 1880s. A post office opened in 1886 and by the turn
of the century a school was in operation; in 1909 the school enrolled
eighty-eight. The town, however, was in decline. The post office closed in 1904,
and by the mid 1930s Board no longer appeared on highway maps.