BROWN'S VALLEY, TEXAS. Brown's Valley, near Farm Road 636 four miles
northwest of Kerens in southeastern Navarro County, was probably established
before 1900. At one time it had a church, a store, and a gin. By the mid-1930s
only a few scattered houses remained. Children in the area attended school in
Kerens or Bazette. In the early 1990s Brown's Valley was a dispersed rural
bibliography: Annie Carpenter Love, History of Navarro
County (Dallas: Southwestern, 1933).
"BROWN'S VALLEY, TX." The Handbook of Texas