Carl was located six miles north of Corsicana
in Navarro County Texas. It was probably founded
before 1900. For a time it was a stop on the Houston and Texas Central Railway.
In the mid-1930s it had a depot, a few stores, and several houses. The town
declined after World War II and by the 1960s no longer appeared on highway maps.
In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.