Old Corsicana Jail House. The jail was built in 1892 located north of
the County courthouse. Note the guard tower on the left. It was
apparently removed a short time latter because it doesn't appear in latter
photos. Note the tower of the 3rd Ward School to the left of the Jail. That
third floor section in the middle is an enclosed gallowses.
A later photo of the old jail. Note the tower is
missing in this view.
Photos and information submitted by
submitted by Ron Maxfield