Located on Farm Road 744 six miles west
of Corsicana in Navarro County Texas. It was founded in the early 1880s. A post office opened there in 1883 and by 1892 the community had a population of forty. At its height in the 1890s Drane had a flour mill and cotton gin, Presbyterian, Methodist, and
Baptist Churches, and a number of houses. Its estimated population was in 1896 was seventy-five. The Drane post office closed in 1906, but by the mid-1930s the community still had two stores, a church, a school, and several houses. After
World War II, however, its businesses, church, and Scholl all closed, and by the mid-1960s only a few widely scattered houses remained in the area. In 1990 Drane
was a dispersed community with a reported population of sixteen.