Elm Flat Community
Navarro County, Texas


HOME


Cities and Towns

 

Located on Farm Road 633, about nine miles southeast of Corsicana in Navarro County Texas, was first formed in the late 1870's. By 1906 it had two schools, one with forty white students and the other with fifty-three black students. At its height during the 1930s, Elm Flat had a number of houses, several stores, two churches, a school, and a cemetery. In the mid-1960s the community had several houses, a district school, and a church. Elm Flat was a dispersed rural community in the early 1990s.


Navarro County TXGenWeb
Copyright March, 2009
Edward L. Williams & Barbara Knox