Goodlow Community
Navarro County, Texas


HOME


Cities and Towns


 

Located on State Highway just south of Kerens in southeastern Navarro County, Texas was established around 1900 on land belonging to Henry Goodlow. In the mid-1930s the primarily black community had two churches, two schools, and a number of houses. After World War II the Goodlow schools were consolidated with the Kerens schools, but the community continued to grow. 

Goodlow incorporated in 1978 after the City of Kerens refused to annex it. Goodlow's estimated population in 1987 was 343, and in 1993 it was 405. In the early 1990s the community had several businesses and a number of houses.

See Also:


Navarro County TXGenWeb
Copyright March, 2009
Edward L. Williams & Barbara Knox