Hardy's Chapel Community
Navarro County, Texas
|HARDY'S CHAPEL, TEXAS. Hardy's Chapel was off Farm Road 638 twenty-one miles southwest of Corsicana in extreme southwestern Navarro County. The town grew up
around a church of the same name, probably after the Civil War.qv A school operating there in the 1880s was discontinued by 1900. In the mid-1930s Hardy's Chapel had a store and a number of houses. Its estimated population in 1940 was twenty-five. By the mid-1960s the town was no longer shown on highway
maps. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.|
"HARDY'S CHAPEL, TX." The Handbook of Texas Online.
Navarro County TXGenWeb
Edward L. Williams & Barbara