Located on Farm Road 636 eleven miles
northeast of Corsicana in Navarro County
Texas. Montfort was established in the late 1890s and named for
a local resident. A post office operated from 1896 until 1904. Montfort was
never very large and in the mid 1930s it had only a couple of stores, a school,
and few houses; the population in 1936 was fifteen. After World War II the
stores closed, and the school was consolidated with the Roane school. By the mid
1960s only a few scattered houses remained.