Pickett Community
Navarro County, Texas


HOME


Cities and Towns

 

Located five miles south of Corsicana in Navarro County Texas on Farm Road 709. Pickett was probably established before 1900. By 1906 a school had an enrollment of forty-six. In the mid 1930s Pickett had two stores, a church, and a number of houses; the estimated population in 1936 was seventy-five. After World War II the stores closed, and the school was consolidated with Corsicana schools. By the mid 1960s only a church and a few scattered houses remained. In 1990 Pickett was a dispersed rural community


Navarro County TXGenWeb
Copyright March, 2009
Edward L. Williams & Barbara Knox