Located on Farm Road 642 between Richland and Pin Oak creeks off Farm Road
709, eight miles from Corsicana in Navarro
County Texas. A post office operated from 1872 until 1907.
The town was probably named for W. H. Pursley, who served as postmaster. In 1945
it had a population of eighty-six. From 1950 to 1990 the population was forty.