Located on Pin Oak Creek just off Farm Road 638 and eight miles from Dawson
in Navarro County Texas. Rodney was settled in 1834 by Joshua Graham. The land was a bounty grant
given to Graham for having fought in the Texas Revolution. In 1884 a post office
and a store opened there, and the post office operated in the Payne home until
1904. A school was founded at the Patterson farm. During the mid 1930s the town
had a church, two businesses, and a number of scattered dwellings. It had one
store and a population of thirty-five in 1945. Rodney was a dispersed rural
community in 1990.