ROUND HOUSE, TEXAS. Round House, on State Highway 309 two miles south of
Round Prairie in southeastern Navarro
County, was probably established around 1900. In the mid-1930s it had two
churches, a school, several businesses, and a number of house. After
World War II
many of the residents moved away, the businesses closed, and the school was
consolidated with that of Kerens. By the
mid-1960s Round House was no longer shown on highway maps. In the early 1990s a
few widely scattered houses remained in the area.
"ROUND HOUSE, TX." The Handbook of Texas Online.