Round Prairie & Bird Prairie
Navarro County Texas


HOME


Cities and Towns


 

Located at the junction of State Highway 309 and Farm Road 635, eighteen miles south of Corsicana and west of Rural Shade in Navarro County Texas.  It was settled around 1900. A store opened there before 1895, and by 1906 two schools were in operation with a combined enrollment of 113. In the mid-1930s Round Prairie had four stores, a church, and a number of houses. Its estimated population in 1936 was ten. After World War II most of the businesses closed, and the school was consolidated with that of Kerens. By the mid-1960s only a single store and a few scattered houses remained. In 1990 Round Prairie was a dispersed community with an estimated population of forty.


Navarro County TXGenWeb
Copyright March, 2009
Edward L. Williams & Barbara Knox