Located fourteen miles southeast of Corsicana and two miles south of Kerens
in Navarro County Texas. Rush Creek was established in the 1850s, and a post office operated there from 1858 to 1871. At its height just after the Civil War, Rush Creek
consisted of a store, a gin, and a number of houses. It began to decline in the early 1870s, apparently because of the growth of nearby Wadeville, and by the mid 1870s Rush Creek had been abandoned.