A farming community located Farm Road 1393 three miles southwest of Kerens in Navarro County Texas. It was established sometime before 1900 near the early settlement of Wadeville. In the mid 1930s Rush Prairie had a church, a store, a cemetery, and a number of
houses. After World War II most of its residents moved away, and by the mid 1960s only a few widely scattered houses remained in the area.