Located seven miles northeast of Corsicana in Navarro County Texas on Farm Road 1603, Tupelo was first settled around the time of the Civil War and
was named after Tupelo Mississippi. A post office operated there from 1901 to 1906. During the mid 1930s, Tupelo had two churches, a school, a cotton gin, a
store, and a number of houses; the estimated population in 1936 was twenty five. After World War II, most of the residents moved away and by the mid 1960s only a
church and scattered houses remained.