Powell, TX, turn so. from Hwy #31 to FM Rd 633. Go south 2
miles to Elm Flat Community; turn west on gravel Rd; go 1/2 mi to 3/4 mi.
About 200 ft north
in a pasture.
- Corah Ann Hodge - d. Apr 1897
- Anthony Hodge - d. Aug 1898
- T. E. Sloan - Sept 8, 1817 - Jan 23, 1855 - h/o
Mary J. Sloan Mary J. Sloan - Aug 11, 1826 - Dec 4, 1853 - w/o T. E. Sloan
- A. M. Sloan - Feb 19, 1813 - May 8, 1866
- Infant s/o A. G. and L. J. Sloan - b/d Aug 5, 1871
- D. E. Sloan - June 22, 1871 - Feb 16, 1872
- A. G. Sloan, Jr. - Sept 6, 1877 - Apr 6, 1878 - s/o
A. G. and L. J. Sloan
- Olie S. Sloan - Dec 14, 1880 - Apr 17, 1882
- Mary E. Sloan - July 23, 1848 - Feb 14, 1868 - d/o
T. E. and M. J. Sloan
Notes in the book is that the cemetery was surveyed
in 1986 by Paul and Christine Sloan - All stones are lying on the ground in a
small grove of trees, where they fell; only one is broken. All the SLOAN stones
are of commercially crafted marble, with the exception of the double stone; all
have a lamb at the top and at the bottom, "Gone to Heaven."