Lawrence Family Cemetery
Historical Marker
Navarro County, Texas


HOME


Historical Markers || Lawrence Family Cemetery

 


Photo Submitted by Dana Stubbs

Lawrence Family Cemetery

Situated on the 1835 land grant of David McCandless (1791-1876), who came to Texas as a Robertson Colonist. This cemetery site was later owned by his daughter and son-in-law, Macca Orange (1831-1925) and Joseph Thompson Lawrence (1825-1885)*. The Cemetery was opened in 1868 with the burial of their 6-year-old daughter, Sarah Medora. The graves of another daughter, Ann Eliza (1853-1942), and her husband George Washington Savage (1826-1899), are also here. Deeded by Macca Lawrence in 1913. The burial plot is maintained by descendants. (1976) (Marker Sponsor: Lawrence-Savage Association)

* Should be (1825-1884)

Location: FM 409, 4 miles north, Dawson, Texas
The text of the historical markers have been posted here with the permission of the Texas Historical Commission

 

 

 


Photo Submitted by Dana Stubbs

 

 


Navarro County TXGenWeb
Copyright February, 2020
Edward L. Williams