Frost Methodist Church, May 2, 1915. This church was
located where the GTE building is in 1986.
The church was established 1887 and was situated on the site
where the new telephone office now stands.
A new building was completed in 1905 with a value of $2,500. On Tues
May 6, 1930, the
tornado nearly wiped out Frost. "On this day the General Conference
Southern Methodist Churches was in session in Dallas. Hearing of the
plight in Frost,
these church people began contributing toward a building fund for a
new church in Frost;
thus a new Methodist Church was built on a new site which is the
spot where the present church now stands.
On Jan 19, 1941, with the church free of debt, a dedication service
Photo from the Collection of
Edward L. Williams
The church was destroyed by the vicious tornado on May 6, 1930.
Methodist Church Dedication Program [Full Size]
| Page 2 |
Present church building
W.W. Pittman, pastor
Frost Methodist Church