Cheneyboro, established in the early 1880s, was located on the banks of Richland Creek Reservoir, four miles south of
Navarro in Navarro County Texas. It was named in honor of Francis Marion Cheney, an early settler who built his home from lumber that was cut from his land and milled at his sawmill on the banks of Richland Creek. The Rock Island and Pacific and Burlington
Northern and Chicago lines once passed through this one-store supply point. By 1936 the community had a population of twenty, a church, a cemetery, and a few
scattered dwellings. By 1940, its population had grown to fifty. In 1990 the site was marked only by a cemetery.