Located on Farm Road 638 seven miles southeast of Dawson
in southwestern Navarro County, Shiloh was probably established before 1900. In the mid-1930s it had two churches, a school, a cemetery, and a number of houses.
After World War II many of the residents moved away, but in the mid-1960s a
church and cemetery were still in the area. In the early 1990s Shiloh was a
dispersed rural community.