Located five miles north of Corsicana. Named for Tom Hester.
HESTER, TEXAS. Hester, on the Chatfield
road five miles northeast of Corsicana in extreme northeastern Navarro County, was settled in the early 1850s. A post office, named for Corsicana resident Tom Hester, opened there in 1890 but was discontinued in 1903. At its height around 1900 Hester had a cotton gin, a blacksmith shop, and a general store. In 1915 its population was reported at twenty-five. During the mid-1930s Hester had two stores and a number of houses. Its population in 1948 was estimated at fifty. By the mid-1960s, however, the community was no longer shown on highway maps, and in the early 1990s only a few scattered houses still remained in the area.
"HESTER, TX." The Handbook of Texas Online.