Located on Farm Road 1578 eighteen miles
west of Corsicana in Navarro County Texas. It was established before 1900. Two schools were in operation
there by the early 1900s - a school for whites with an enrollment of 65 and one
for blacks with an enrollment of 54. In the mid 1930s Brushy Prairie had a
church, a gin, a blacksmith shop, a school, a cemetery, and several stores.
After World War II many of the residents moved away, the school was consolidated
with that of Frost, and most of the businesses closed. By the mid-1970s only a
church, a cemetery, and scattered houses remained. In 1990 Brushy Prairie was a
dispersed rural community.