Carroll Chapel is located on State Highway 14, fourteen miles south of Corsicana
in Navarro County Texas.
Chapel was established before 1900. By the early 1900s, a school was in
operation there and in 1906 it had an enrollment of 25. In the mid 1930s the
settlement comprised a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World
War II, many of the residents moved away and by the mid 1960s, only the cemetery
and a few scattered houses remained.