Located on Farm Road 2452, six miles southwest of Corsicana in Navarro County Texas between the Briar and Cedar creeks. It is bisected by the St. Louis Southwestern Railway.
The area was first settled by a Colonel Cook in 1866 as a community named Cook's Schoolhouse. After the railroad arrived, the station was first named Waters and
later renamed Corbet. The post office operated from 1893 through 1929. Corbet
had one school in 1906, when it had an enrollment of 57 students and one teacher. By 1914 Corbet had a population of 300. In 1945 it had two stores and a
population of 100. In 1970 the population declined to eighty where it remained in 1990.