FINCH, TEXAS. Finch, a farming community off Farm Road 1129 fourteen miles northeast of Corsicana in northern Navarro County, was established before 1900.
By the early 1900s a school was in operation there, and in 1906 it had an enrollment of thirty-six. At its height in the mid-1930s Finch had four churches, two schools, a cemetery, and a number of houses. Many residents moved away after World War II,qv and by the
mid-1960s only a school, two churches, a cemetery, and a few scattered houses remained at the site. In the early 1990s Finch was a dispersed rural community.
"FINCH, TX." The Handbook of Texas Online.