Navarro County, Texas
|FRENCH, TEXAS. French, on Farm Road 667 some sixteen miles west of Corsicana
in western Navarro County, was probably established in the 1880s. A post office may have operated there from 1888 to 1889. In the mid-1930s the community had a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. The church was later disbanded, and by the mid-1960s only a cemetery and a few widely scattered houses were left in the area.
"FRENCH, TX." The Handbook of Texas Online.
Navarro County TXGenWeb
Edward L. Williams & Barbara