WHITE'S CHAPEL, TEXAS. White's Chapel was a rural community just west of
Corsicana at the junction of State Highway
22 and Farm Road 744 in central Navarro County. It was probably established
before 1900 and named for an early church. A school had an enrollment of
fifty-three in 1906. In the mid-1930s White's Chapel had a church, a cemetery,
and a number of houses. After World
War IIqv the area was annexed by
Corsicana, and by the early 1990s only the church marked the site of the former
community. No population estimates were available.
"WHITE'S CHAPEL, TX." The Handbook of Texas Online.