Part of the residence of Ethan Melton, first Postmaster of Navarro County in 1846, donated by the
Melton heirs in 1959. It contains many of the original furnishings, including chairs, and kitchen equipment of the time. Some were used
for purposes other than cooking, such as the ash-hopper for making lye from hardwood ashes used in making lye-soap, and a sauerkraut
slicer. The five-foot fireplace is of native stone.