Carriage House
Pioneer Village
Corsicana, Navarro County, Texas


HOME


Previous Stop on Pioneer Village Tour || Pioneer Village || Next Stop on Pioneer Village Tour

 

 

The Carriage House restoration was done by the Navarro County Sherriff's trustees and the Lane's Upholstery Shop. This building contains a mode of pioneer transportation; The "Pancho Villa" surrey donated by Lester Gegenheimer, turn of the century surry and a 1890 two wheel cart donated by Mrs. Alton Burke, a surrey from the Hodge family of Chatfield donated by James M. Burkhead, a grandson, and a 1930's Farmall Tractor donated by the Hall Family of Rice, Texas. A replica of the Pleasant Grove Methodist Church donated by the Sam Gordon Family. Also housed in this building is the Navarro County Hall of Fame.

 


Navarro County TXGenWeb
Copyright March, 2009
Edward L. Williams & Barbara Knox